We hope you will take this opportunity to submit a presentation to be considered for inclusion in the 2019 program!
- Presentations should be approximately seven (7) minutes in length. PowerPoint is preferred delivery format, and videos are strongly encouraged.
- Submissions are due by 8:00 PM EDT on Friday, August 3, 2018. SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME. You will receive acknowledgement of our receipt of your proposed presentation within two days of submission. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, please call (484) 581-1819 to make certain that your submission was received.
- You will be notified whether or not your proposed presentation has been accepted by the end of August. Pending the acceptance of your presentation, we will notify you with the date and time of your speaking assignment so that you can confirm your participation. Final presentations will be due to the CME provider for peer review by Friday, December 14, 2018.
- Please keep in mind the following CME instructions when developing your proposed presentation. The CME content will be peer reviewed; changes may be required.
CME CONTENT INSTRUCTIONS
- The CME content should be objective, balanced and free of commercial bias.
- All recommendations involving clinical medicine in a CME activity must be based on evidence that is accepted within the profession of medicine as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients.
- Please be prepared to provide references in support of your discussion and CME content. Study results and information presented must be based on sound evidence and use scientific methods generally accepted by the medical community.
- When possible, address any barriers faced by the learner that may inhibit their ability to implement the strategy suggested by the CME content. If you are able, suggest strategies to remove, overcome, or address the barriers to change.
- When discussing therapeutic options, please use only generic names; if it is necessary to use a trade name, then those of several companies must be used.
- If the material is introducing a new product or treatment modality for which there are no others to compare, then alternate treatment options should be included.
- The content of your discussion should not be modified or influenced by representatives of industry or other financial contributors. You may, however, use scientific data generated from industry-sponsored research.
- All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in CME in support or justification of a patient-care recommendation must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
- The content of such CME must not promote recommendations, treatments or manners of practicing medicine that are known to have risks or dangers that outweigh the benefits or are known to be ineffective in the treatment of patients.
- No funds should be accepted by the faculty/content developer in relation to this CME activity outside of those funds paid by Evolve Medical Education or its joint provider.
- Please disclose any discussion of off-label or investigational uses of commercial products.